4th of July
layout 6" x 12"
MemoryWorks July Express Kit
Colorbox: Chocolates & Blueberrys
1) Using the “wrong side” of your 12” x 12” Sugar Cream cardstock - measure 6” and draw a line (vertically).
2) Than punch out the biggest star from the Scenic Route Raw Chipboard Star. This will be your stencil.
3) Trace the star 3 times on the wrong side with a pencil. I first traced the center one – which is straight and than the other 2 starts which I put at different angles.
4) Cut around the pencil marks with a scissors or xacto knife. Including any lines not belonging to the stars (part of the 6” part you drew a line for at the beginning.
5) Cut out a piece of pattern paper at 11 ½” x 5 ½”. Adhere this to the 6” x 12” portion of the paper. You are now in the “Right side” – there should be no pencil marks on this side.
6) Trace the star you used on the “wrong side” on 3 different pattern papers. Make sure you trace it either on the backside of the paper or on the wrong side of the star (since you will need to mirror the stars drawn before).
7) Cut the stars out and arrange them on your layout – placing over the star areas previously traced. I used POP dots with the center start to make it stand out and give it dimension.
8) Cut out “celebration” strip of paper from Scenic Route. Cut to 6” long. Adhere to the bottom of the page.
9) Cut out two squares at 3 ½” x 3 ½” – adhere one on top of the other toward the bottom of the page.
10) Using various types of chipboard (I used BasicGrey for the number 4 and the word July) cover chipboard with chosen pattern paper. I used one of the stars from Scenic Route chipboard (stars) for the blue star and hand wrote “of”. Adhere to the top of the page.
Note: I inked all my pieces to ad dimension.
Last Edit On 2008-06-29 20:28:25