A card is always a great (and affordable) make and take. You can do the class with a box of your MW scraps. You can encourage your guests to use their scraps along with new embellishments to make cards just as easily...
This card was done with my MW Express May Kit but can just as easily be tailored to fit any cardstock/patterned paper combo.
* 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Piece of cardstock
* Prima Flowers Daisy Crazy - Lillian
* 5 x 3 3/4 piece of patterned paper (try and choose one that has a floral design like the Scenic Route Cape Town Bellevue Floral I chose)
* American Crafts Brads or Buttons (for Flower Centers)
* American Crafts Ribbon
1. Score cardstock at the 4 1/4 mark on the longest side. Fold to make a card that measures 4 1/4 x 5 inches.
2. Look at the floral pattern on the paper and follow it by strategically embellishing it with Prima flowers. Adhere with glue dots or brads. Adorn centers of flowers with brads or buttons.
3. Adhere patterned paper to cardstock.
4. Cut 2 inch segments of ribbon. Fold in half trim ends, and adhere to card (remember less is more here - don't go crazy with the ribbon... LOL)
The goal of this make and take is to encourage your class to use up their scraps BUT also to encourage them to buy loose embellishments for this purpose. You can discuss using extra stickers (for card greetings) or chipboard symbols and monograms (to make monogram cards).