Make and Take Monday: March 16th
There was nobody more excited to wake up this morning than my first born son Andrew for today he turns 7. I don't know why kids don't want to sleep in and have a lazy day on their special day but they don't. This morning it is second only to Christmas. I don't know why he is so excited---I told them the bike store only had pink bikes left. I don't think he bought it. Do you??
In honor of Andrew, my make and take this week is birthday themed. I don't get to wild and crazy for birthdays but after I decorated this little gift bag I was in the birthday mood for sure!
The possibilities are endless with gift bags. Imagine all of the ohhs and ahhhs you will get at your next event with these.
*My bag is rather large at 10x8 (simply adjust the measurements for any size bag)
* Cut Fancy Pants Wild Child paper to 7" x 8" (pattern side"
* Cut same paper green side 1 1/2" x 8" and 2 1/2" x 8"
there is 1/2" on each strip of paper to adhere to the large block. Glue these together but do not glue to the bag yet.
* hand stitch or machine stitch the strips of paper to the pattern center block.
Ink edges if desired.
* Cover Scenic Route stars with Fancy Pants Peace (orange side). Use big star and reserve center for smaller star. Sand edges.
*Use boarder strip from Basic Grey archaic sticker sheet to decorate large star and run strip along the top of the bag.
*add Basic Grey number sticker to large star
*Add buttons and Fancy Pants rub on setiments.
* Attach "layout" to the front of the bag with strong adhesive.
*Enjoy the party.
Thanks for checking out my Make and Take Monday. Now I am off to eat Pizza and Cake with a bunch of 1st graders. Have a great day. Kari
Last Edit On 2009-03-15 23:09:12